The first phase of a major office renovation was just completed adding space and efficiency to our Engineering Department. The twin goals of optimizing the workflow and installing up-to-date technology have been met and then some.
As per any RECO project, naturally we incorporated an appropriate methodology, applying the 5-S approach (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain). The visual and practical benefits include:
- Standardized dual monitors to improve productivity and reduce printing needs
- Updated voice and data network user connections
- Streamlined and restructured e-document workflow
- Enhanced overall function of the workspace, and increased capacity by 30%
- Adopted open office environment integrating people, space, and technologies
- Digitized legacy manual drawings
- Decluttered and discarded obsolete inventory and historical relics
- Installed new carpet, energy efficient dimmable LED light panels, ceiling tiles, custom window blinds and new paint
The grand reopening and ribbon cutting was held on June 1st.
The newly transformed workspace is already being settled into and the engineering staff is enjoying the bright and updated workspace which is quickly becoming a central location for collaboration and teamwork.